Thursday, January 19, 2012

What do I use to get the residue of oil from my oil drain pan, after an oil change?

I don't want it in the garage all sticky and oil coated from the oil change. Reason I ask is cause I don't want to risk environmental damage. There must be 12ml of old black engine oil still on it.



I took all the old oil it collected and syphoned it in to the old 5L container and took that to the oil recycling place, but now I look at the pan.. some has settled in it still.What do I use to get the residue of oil from my oil drain pan, after an oil change?
Swill it round with a brush and paraffin then hose it down.

Roy
you could use engine degreaser...but i dunno since you dont want it one the groundWhat do I use to get the residue of oil from my oil drain pan, after an oil change?
What I do is either clean it out with paper towels which end up in the land fill (probably not good environmentally) or just leave it.



I have a place where I can store my drain pan and still leave the residual oil there. Another option would be to set up a way to drain the oil into the container over a longer period of time and let gravity do a more thorough job of emptying the drain pan.
They sell enclosed pans with top covers to avoid this problem, they are cheap, go buy one.What do I use to get the residue of oil from my oil drain pan, after an oil change?
what i do is use an old water bottle or a chip fryer oil container and lieve it to drain over night then take it to the tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment