Thursday, January 19, 2012

Do any of the oil change places use recycled motor oil?

I want to change my oil but I didn't want to pay top price for it. When I mentioned to Valvoline I thought their prices were unreasonable, they told me that the cheaper places can do that because they re-use the oil. Is this true or were they just trying to make a sale?? They also told me they don't get a commission. They don't?Do any of the oil change places use recycled motor oil?
none of the major-brand oil change places use recycled oil.....



and if that Valvoline store told you that, I would not go back there.....
Do not confuse re-cycled oil with used oil. Re-cycled oil is actually re-refined, so it is the same quality as first-generation refined oil. Once the additives are added, it is sold in bulk. Understand, oil does not wear out, ever. The additives wear out, and the various contaminants are what kill your engine if you don't change it. Nobody puts used oil in your car, that would be just plain stupid, because it is contaminated.Do any of the oil change places use recycled motor oil?
I asked my mechanic about this and he said he didn't know of any. I was concerned that i may not be getting Quaker State oil, even when it said so. He said that he uses Shell because he couldn't`t compete with the oil change places prices because they bought in such large quantities. I could take my own oil that i purchased in qts and they would put it in but it would cost more. Most of them buy in bulk but i have never heard of their using recycled oil. Neither did he. I don1t know how they would dare,. I am going to make it a point to fund out, Abby. Let you know later.
You are talking about your car(a major investment) don't skimp on your motor oil. you don't have to buy the most expensive brand.always put new, clean motor oil in your car. save that recycled stuff for the old lawn mower. putting reused oil in your car is like using someone Else's bathwater.Do any of the oil change places use recycled motor oil?
most places charge little for the job..... you can do it yourself and buy what ever you need for the price of one oil change..... some places here they charge 19.95 oil filter lube if you are paying much over that then go else wheres... and yes they use the cheapest oil they can.... also known has our house brand.... most get payed by the hour... if they lucky they will get a commission like 2 to 4 % not enough to buy a cold drink
I doubt it. It may not be name brand oil such as Quaker State,etc but rather a 2nd tier oil such as Conoco or Citgo. The oil is bought in bulk (250 gallons or more). The rate is around 3.00 per gallon currently so that gives a cost of 75 cents per quart.

Figure the lube tech is making $10 per hr and standard oil change time is .3hr. Oil filter costs $3.00



You can decide if they are making money from this point since you know what you paid.
yes a lot of cheap brand motor oils are recycled oil and most oil change places use the cheapest oil possible...
the quick oil changes have to make profits too so their prices are hefty.

No comments:

Post a Comment