Thursday, January 19, 2012

Guys, How can I reset my change oil light on a 2004 impala?

I recently got my oil changed and realized they didnt reset the change oil light because it still keeps coming on. How would I go about doing it myself? thanks!Guys, How can I reset my change oil light on a 2004 impala?
push the gas pedal to the floor 4 times on the fourth one hold it the light will flash then go out
With the key on the on position and not the start position, press your gas pedeal to the floor 3 times quickly.Guys, How can I reset my change oil light on a 2004 impala?
turn key to on position, do not start car, depress the gas pedal to the floor 3 times. this will cause your car to trip the computer to reset the oil change mileage counter.
Another way is to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes. Make sure you have the security code for your radio if you have one. Disconnecting the battery resets the computer.Guys, How can I reset my change oil light on a 2004 impala?
Turn ignition key on and depress gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 seconds. Then turn key off and start the car, the message will flash at you indecating it is reset. Don't press pedal too fast though.
disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes then reconnect the cable and you should be good to good .
  • sonic electronix
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment