Thursday, January 12, 2012

How often do I need to change the synthetic oil in my VW Beetle Turbo GLS?

I have a 2004 VW Beetle Turbo GLS. I had an oil change about 3,000 miles ago (my first one with this car) and have had the Beetle 10 months. I don't put very many miles on it at all. I am unfamiliar with synthetic oil and was wondering how long I could wait between oil changes - someone told me 5,000 miles, any thoughts? Thank you!How often do I need to change the synthetic oil in my VW Beetle Turbo GLS?
Every 5,000 miles or at least once a year, assuming that you don't drive at 5,000 miles in that time period. As per VW service schedule for 2004 1.8 turbo models sold in the US.



Hope this helps, a car nut.How often do I need to change the synthetic oil in my VW Beetle Turbo GLS?
check owners manual. always check owners manual. all cars are different, some need it changed every 3,000 because of conditions and some need changing every 10,000. synthetic oil doesn't lengthen or shorten how often you should change your oil.



whatever the owner's manual says go by that...don't listen to opinions of crazy home mechanicsHow often do I need to change the synthetic oil in my VW Beetle Turbo GLS?
The owners manual assumes that you are using non-synthetic oil. All Synthetic Oils are different qualities. Napa's Full Synthetic is good for 5000 miles or 1 year where as royal purple full synthetic is good for probably 10,000 miles, maybe even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment