Thursday, January 12, 2012

My engine burns a quart of oil every 200 miles. How often do I actually need a traditional "oil change?"

I have a 97 dodge 3500 van with 213k miles. It burns about a quart of oil every 200 miles. I add the oil daily as I drive around 300 highway miles a day. How often would I actually need to get a "oil change" if I'm constantly adding fresh oil. It just seems counterproductive.My engine burns a quart of oil every 200 miles. How often do I actually need a traditional "oil change?"
at that rate just change the filter..twice a year

if it is burning that much oil .

.you are not going to need many filters..

i wouldn't stock up on themMy engine burns a quart of oil every 200 miles. How often do I actually need a traditional "oil change?"
You don't need to change your oil, just your oil filter every 10,000 miles or so. However, the engine's life is limited and your catalytic converter will succumb to the oil burning. If you have an emission's testing program in your state, you'll have to get a waiver from passing the tests.My engine burns a quart of oil every 200 miles. How often do I actually need a traditional "oil change?"
It's what we use to call an engine "Self Oil Change" biggest thing you need to do is Change Filters Regularly. At 213,000 Miles and Burning oil like that it sounds like you need a Rebuild Bad or a New Engine. Have you Been stopped and Ticketed for Excessive Smoke Yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment