Thursday, January 12, 2012

Should I go ahead and change the oil in my truck?

I have a 2003 Silverado which has an oil change light. I just bought the truck a couple months ago and have put over 3600 miles on it, but the oil change light hasn't come on yet.Should I go ahead and change the oil in my truck?
pretty much the first thing i do on buying a car, unless it's genuinely had a recent service done... check and change the oil. very cheap and easy thing to budget for and to do, and gets you familiar with your new engine nice and early :-) along with the spark or glow plugs, HT leads, oil and air filters.

(if it has had a dealer or good independent service in the last 3 months / 2500 miles these things should be fine)



if it's getting on for 40 or 50,000 miles i'd change the timing belt also if it hasn't been done.
hm, one down turned thumb - whoever did that care to comment why? is it that sad little teenager who's been following me round Y!A because I dared answer his anime question honestly?

Report Abuse

Should I go ahead and change the oil in my truck?
Yeah, change it.



Especially if the color isn't right.



The seller might have reset the oil light twice already.
I would go ahead and change it.Should I go ahead and change the oil in my truck?
You should change your oil every 3000 miles. You are 600 over that.
YES, no matter what type of gasoline truck or car, change the oil EVERY 3000 miles and that will it last forever with other regular maintanence
don't depend on the light, that's why they call them idiot lights ...depending on your driving ,around town change around 3000, hiway around 5000, if you run synthetic oil you could go further,, I change mine between 3 and 4000 miles ,it's a 93 with a 454 and I have over 300,000 miles on it
yep,change it,dont wait for the light.It might never come on.
The 3,000 mile rule was stared by Quick lubes.

5,000 is Good #

I would go ahead and change the oil and reset the Light. Turn ignition on and pump Gas 3 times. will reset.
Why wait. It's just cheap insurance.
whenever you purchase a car if you don't know how many miles are on the oil, change it. If it has a synthetic oil designed to go to like 5000, 7500 or 15000 miles change your oil every 3000 miles, if you watch the color of your oil whenever you fill up or weekly like you should, you will notice the color to start deteriorating at about 2500 miles and at about 3000 it will be almost a burnt brownish color. unless its a deisel then thats completely different for oil color
yes change the oil in your truck your light will come on after when that happens get in close the door turn ignition forward but dont start pump gas 3 times wait for oil light to blink about three times or so then it will go out it is now reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment