Thursday, January 19, 2012

Should I change the oil on my car before leaving the country?

I will be gone anywhere from 2 months to a year. It's been 3,500 miles since my last oil change. I drive a honda civic auto, with 125K miles on it. It will be sitting in my buddies backyard til' i come back.Should I change the oil on my car before leaving the country?
OK, If it's just going to Sit {"You're Sure?"} then put a Note in the Car to you to Remind you of the Oil %26amp; Filter Change when you get Back. "ON the Other Hand" If you think he might Drive it you'd better get everything done Now.Should I change the oil on my car before leaving the country?
The real question is, Is your buddy gonna drive it? And, if you don't change it now will you remember to change it when you are back? If you can remember to change it when you get back, do that. Or if you can have your buddy do it and run it every month or so to keep it healthy, even better.Should I change the oil on my car before leaving the country?
Dont bother, change it when you get back, but do it soon after you get here. Depending on the oil you run most car mfg's dont reccomend 3000 mile oil changes any more any way.
When you are out of the country, you should buy a new car so you don't have to worry about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment