Thursday, January 19, 2012

I have a 99 stratus and after getting an oil change done the next morning I ended up with a major oil leak?

What I am wondering is I was told that it was a combination between the oil pan and the rear main seal leaking and the dealership that did the oil change won't take responsibility for it. I was told by several people that I should get the oil pan done first and then if the leak persists get the main seal fixed? Is that recommended?I have a 99 stratus and after getting an oil change done the next morning I ended up with a major oil leak?
This only started leaking after the oil change? Generally pans and rear mains don't start leaking after an oil change. Sounds like they are trying to cover their butt and left the filter or oil drain bolt loose. Get a second opinion before you have serious engine problems from the oil leaking out.I have a 99 stratus and after getting an oil change done the next morning I ended up with a major oil leak?
well oil pan and rear main seals do not start leaking cause of an oil change.if anything with the oil being changed,puts the oil level at a higher level since it is filled up with the right amount.which in turn will be a bigger oil leak .its not the dealers fault,unless you just bought the car and or its under warranty and an oil leak or two happens.it is possible that it has a bad gasket on the oil drain plug,its cross threaded.the oil filter could be loose or have a defect in it from the maker of it.if your going to have it fixed ,best to do both at once and get it done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment