Thursday, January 12, 2012

How often do I need to change the oil in my 2009 Kia spectra? Is it 3 months or 3,000 miles, or is it 7500 mi?

I just need to know if I need an oil change right now. I changed the oil once at 3000 miles but now I'm at 6500 and I want to know if I need to change it now or if I'd just be throwing my money away. I know some cars are rated for 3000 miles and some for 7500 so I just wanted to know which mine is.How often do I need to change the oil in my 2009 Kia spectra? Is it 3 months or 3,000 miles, or is it 7500 mi?
I grew up with the understanding that you should change your oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles.



These days, however, with the more modern vehicles and better oil formulas, it is more like every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Most vehicle computers are programmed to let you know when it is time, depending on driving habits and conditions. Check your owners manual to see when yours is recommended.
The information is in the back of your owners manual under Maintenance. I went to the Kia website and pulled up the owners manual for your vehicle but the maintenance intervals were in metric units. It said that you change the oil every 6,000 Km which works out to 3728miles or 6 months. You need to look it up in the back of your owners manual and follow that religiously while the vehicle is under warranty because if something happens to the engine and you didn't have the oil changed at the proper intervals they may tell you they aren't going to pay.How often do I need to change the oil in my 2009 Kia spectra? Is it 3 months or 3,000 miles, or is it 7500 mi?
http://www.trustmymechanic.com/change_oi鈥?/a>



I tend to change oil every 5K in sports cars and every 10K in others...
You can do it at 3000, or 5000 miles but I always try to stay closer to 3000.How often do I need to change the oil in my 2009 Kia spectra? Is it 3 months or 3,000 miles, or is it 7500 mi?
d ont know wot your milage should be BUT clean oil is far better than dirty oil --dont for get your filter

No comments:

Post a Comment